Advisory services are provided to MINEDUC, WDA, TVET schools, PSF, SSCs and enterprises to improve the capacity of the TVET system towards labour-market oriented TVET provision matching the demands of business sector. In this regard the public and private partners are supported in the implementation of the TVET policy and Workplace-Learning policy. Modern apprenticeship (dual training) schemes in selected trades are piloted and training of trainers from both TVET Schools and in company is provided to ensure a high level of practice oriented quality trainings.
• Workplace learning policy and TVET Policy developed and approved by the cabinet, September 2015.
• Industrial attachment programs and modern apprenticeships: TVET trainees are trained in an interlinked way in TVET schools and enterprises; increasing their opportunities to get adequate jobs on the labour market.
• 12 Sector Skills Councils are set up to reduce the gap between private sector demands and skills supply (strategic framework to guide SSCs approved by cabinet (NCBS))
• Training of trainers (ToT) implementation framework developed (WDA)
• ToT modules for skills-upgrading of TVET trainers are developed and implemented in selected trades (with WDA 100 TVET trainers (5 woman) improved competencies, TEVSA, 1832 participation (206 women) in ToT) and school management trainings.
• 4 modules for school management training are developed and piloted (TEVSA)