Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
- Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
- Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
The GIZ website draws on the services of Matomo to analyse usage data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties.The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Temporary session cookies are used each time you view an individual page, to make navigation easier. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in your browser cache. Session cookies do not include any personal data and expire at the end of each session, or after the completion of a user survey, which is conducted as a rule every two years.
We do not use methods such as Java applets or ActiveX controls that make it possible to track your browsing behaviour.
Data is processed based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the legitimate interest of analysing usage to improve the company’s website. Users have the option of objecting to use of their data to analyse their behaviour. You can prevent the collection of your user data via the link below.
You may at any time lodge an objection to the storage of your anonymously collected visitor data, so that these will no longer be collected in future. Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to be excluded from counting.
Notes regarding objection
For this purpose, a cookie is stored on the device, preventing user data from being collected when the user visits this website. In order for the objection to take effect, the cookie must be stored on every device used. As the cookie is stored in specific browsers (internet programs), the cookie must be stored in every browser if several browsers are used on one device (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox). Please also note that, if you delete all cookies, the objection cookie will also be deleted and will need to be stored again.
After entering your address, you will receive an email link where you can confirm that your address and your order are genuine. You can revoke the order at any time. If you cancel the subscription, all your personal data will be deleted from our database.
We collect […] exclusively so that we can send information for journalists to editorial offices in a targeted manner.
Other web pages
- Temporary Matomo cookies: These session cookies are used for user analysis (see above). They do not contain any personal data and expire at the end of the session, or at the end of a user survey, which is generally carried out every two years.
Recipients of personal data
- Data are not passed on to third parties.
- As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of data retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- they are no longer needed for contractual purposes (e.g. for employment, top-ups, rental, sale or service contracts)
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
Reference to user rights
You are entitled to:
- to object to data processing,
- enquire about your personal data and its processing
- to have this corrected if necessary, or to request restriction of processing or the erasure of the data
The data will then be erased.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI ).